FFRPL is the 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity that raises funds, presents programs, supports special projects, helps to create specialized spaces, and purchases supplemental materials and equipment for the Rochester Public Library.
The Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library conducts essential fundraising and provides valued programs to enhance and promote the Rochester Public Library.
The Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library inspires the community support necessary for the Rochester Public Library to be a vital and lasting resource enriching the greater Rochester region.
Diversity and Inclusivity, Discussion and Learning, Integrity and Stewardship, Innovation and Forward-Thinking, Collaboration and Advocacy
Strategic Plan Overview
To serve as a formidable fundraiser & indispensable partner for the Rochester Public Library.
Strategy #1 Sustainable Funding & Library Partnership
- Increase and optimize our fundraising results
- Reinforce that donating to the FFRPL is the best way to financially support the RPL.
- Collaborate with the RPL to determine funding and resource priorities.
Strategy #2 Library Partnership & Community Alliance
- Lead the way in offering a wide-range of relevant, timely program topics and civil discussions.
- Engage all RPL locations to ensure mutual support.
- Garner broad community support for the FFRPL and RPL.
Strategy #3 Community Alliance & Organizational Vibrancy
- Develop, support and appreciate board, staff and volunteers.